Saturday, May 26, 2007

Awoke to happy finches chirping as they munched the safflower seeds I had put out for them. There is even an oriole nesting nearby.

I'm have been discussing debt loan options these days with friends. I can manage payments but interest rates mean that I'll never be debt free. Bankruptcy option is an option, but unattractive to me at this time. I spoke with two debt management companies. They can save me $13,000 in interest fees. They close all credit accounts and it does negatively affect credit history.

I figure that I could do the same plan as they would by using a flat interest rate and pay people rather than companies. Some churches do it (not mine, yet). Basically, they loan the money expecting to make 3-10 percent of the loan and the individual pays them on a monthly plan. If there is a default of payment, the individual transfers the loan back into his or her credit cards so that the lender is not at risk. (The credit line is still open because the individual has paid off the outstanding credit and still has an open and good credit history.)

My brother directed me to www.prosper.com where folks are doing this through that site. I've just printed out pages and pages of material about their process to take home and read. Will let you know what I learn.

Seems like a good idea, paying my debt back through others earning some interest on a personal level rather than the big companies making ludicrous money at my expense.

Check out the site for yourself and feel free to give me some feedback.

Meanwhile, you can still become my friend at www.GoodReads.com. I'm having fun logging my reading habits there. If you need me to re-invite you, drop me a note.

No comments:

free counters