Friday, January 26, 2007

Need Some Medication for Your Medication?

My landlord has loaned me a small television for a while. I've been watching and am amazed at how many commercials there are for prescription medication.

What really has me laughing, though, are the disclaimers that take up nearly a fourth of the commercial itself:
May cause bloating and irritation of the bowels; has been known to increase risk of severe heart attack in persons over the age of 40; other known complications include: naseau, migraines lasting over a period of two days, blurred vision, bleeding with urination, ulceration of the stomache, disorientation and possible stroke. Do not take if you are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or are a cat.
Well, I made up that last part about the cat. But you know what I mean if you've seen any of these ads. What's even funnier is that they deliver all of these dire warning with a straight face as if still expecting you to desire risking all of that for a few hours of medicated sleep.

No comments:

free counters