Sunday, June 21, 2009

Yesterday was my first dip of the summer into the pool. Missed attending my high school 25th reunion in Indiana.

Today: church, rock-hounding, attending a vigil for the grandfather who died of one of my staff, and talking by phone with friends.

House is getting a face lift: painted biege with cream trim and new window frames (was white with blue trim), and viga-style porch supports. A mess right now, but will be nice.

Still lots of birds feeding in my yard as hundreds of wildflowers (are they really wild if I deliberately seeded them?) bloom in a small patch by my porch. The morning glories seem particularly healthy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just painted my house as well, siding, stucco, trim and all. I went with green for the house cream for the trim and window trim. I went with a bright orange red door -- makes the house "pop" a little more. I'm sure your house will be beautiful when all is said and done. It's a mess for a little while but it feels so much better when it's done. Happy painting!

free counters