Friday, December 09, 2005

Long, But Not So Good, Day

Went out to the driveway to go to work today and discovered the driver's side window had been smashed in and the cover to the CD/Radio player had been removed. The whole unit could not be taken, so the only one getting anything out of the effort was me. I got a couple hundred bucks to replace, a day of missing work and all of the insurance, repairs and police calls. And I'm out the use of my car for a few days while it all gets done.

It also gives me more time to do battle with the field mouse trying to enter my house this afternoon through the heating unit.

2 comments:

jonathan said...

Are you sure its a field mouse and not a deer mouse? You know, NM is famous for the Hanta virus. And you probably also know that deer mice are notorious for the HV. But did you also know that deer mice frequent trees? Yes, they climb them and nest in them.
Any other questions?

Dennis R. Plummer said...

Well, I'm beginning to think it's more of a house mouse. How do house mice rate for HV?

Your insight into tree mice really clears up the origin of the oh-so-very-strange bird in the tree that I've been trying to identify.

free counters