Sunday, August 27, 2006

Once Again, From the Beginning

I awoke this morning with a smile on my face. Well, not literally. I'd had a very disturbing dream. But that's another story. I awoke, at least figuratively, with a smile on my face. Why?

The astute audiophile may have noticed in the column at the right that I am currently listening to the new Bob Dylan release of "Modern Times," before its official release of Tuesday, August 29. I am privy to early release notices on bobdylan.com.

The newest album, hinted at by Dylan in his recent Rolling Stone interview as the second in a trilogy, picks up where "Love and Theft" left off. It's a bit Willie Nelson, a bit ancient blues and wholly Dylanesque.

At first the sound, the music and its chords waft over me, hypnotic. Then, without effort, the lyrics take over as the main driver. One can't help but be drawn in by the lyrical storytelling of Dylan. Each listen demands yet another, until I am absorbed by the experience into a world of dark, unspeakable understanding.

I think you'll enjoy it, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds pleasureable 4 u. boo-ya. keep pleasuring

free counters