Friday, February 23, 2007

Cash Cow Friday

United Way visits our shelter today for an inspection before graning us what will hopefully be loads of cash. We also have a deadline today for submitting our proposal to the city for funds (about 180,000 there). Meanwhile, I'm reviewing resident applications for funds to help them in first month's rents or deposits and I'm updating payroll to relfect a couple of raises that I'm able to give.

So it's Money Friday. Which is funny, because my own debit card bounced last night when I tried to buy dinner. I'm still going from paycheck to paycheck in order to pay down huge credit. Filing for bankruptcy is attractive, but not really a route that I want to go. Figure that an empty bank account keeps me connected to the plight of our residents.

Started sneezing the past two mornings as we leave winter behind and approach the spring blossoms. No greenery yet, but bluer skies. Due to great snow and rain this winter, plant life should be spectacular this spring.

Music, books and movie updates are in the righthand column for your consideration.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to watch The Secret...with me, of course :-)

Dennis R. Plummer said...

I've seen it...and read most of it! My intention got me a cow! lol

Dennis R. Plummer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
free counters