Monday, April 02, 2007

Another language snippet:

There is a pretty rough-looking package store near where I housesat last week. But since it was nearby and I was desiring libation, I decided to risk getting past the guard at the door to join the line of patrons who were marked with every sort of tattoo. I was interested in trying the recently new vodka drink called "Hypnotiq."
I asked for a bottle of, "Hypnotique."
"You want Hypnotick?" the lady snarled behind the counter.
My cover was blown.

Other Stuff

Big news for Lobos fans: Steve Alford was just hired as head coach. Steve was a year ahead of me in high school and went to New Castle where his dad was his coach. He was Indiana's Mr. Basketball in 1983. He was also part of the best NCAA final game ever when IU beat Syracuse in 1987. I remember watching at a professor's home in Wheaton as the final score rolled in at the buzzer for a spectacular IU win. Steve will make a cool $975,000 per year.
I just finished writing and compiling a 60-page grant that I'm submitting to the Veterans Administration. It will bring in about $150,000 if approved. Maybe I should just appeal to the Hoosier spirit and send Mr. Alford a request.

No comments:

free counters