Friday, June 22, 2007

Let Them Eat Cake!

My typical eating schedule goes as follow:
• Coffee at work around 9 AM, occasionally accompanied by something like an empanada.
• Bowl of micro-waved Indian food at 1 PM
• Maybe a pizza and drink around 7:30 PM

I’ve been reading a lot lately on the chemical properties of food, their interactions and body metabolism. To sum up, I pretty much eat all of the wrong foods at all of the wrong intervals.

According to my latest reading, my body type needs 4-5 oz. of protein (and not from nuts, beans, dairy and other stuff I usually consider my protein sources) consumed at a minimum of 5 times a day. Plus, 100 oz. of water each day is highly recommended.

I’m trying to follow the regimen closely, mostly to absorb the concepts of eating that much protein, balanced with just the right amount of good carbohydrates, that often. Last week, I spent an hour planning my meals. Then I went shopping for 45 minutes. At home, I cooked and packaged meals for 3 hours.

Following a properly recommended healthy eating plan, I consumed it all in two days! Halibut and oatmeal with berries for breakfast; a protein shake and baked yam at 10 AM; filet of sole, salad, baked potato for lunch, 4 boiled egg whites and rice in the afternoon; albacore tuna, greens and rice for dinner; halibut and baked potato as an after dinner snack: Day One.

So much food! Basically, the equivalent of 28 oz. of steak, 3 baked potatoes, a cup or so of red fruits and as many green veggies as I care to eat…every day!

I can’t afford to be healthy. I don’t have that much time or money.

P.S. I've taken the liberty of posting some comments to the blog that were sent directly to me. It had seemed so quiet here lately, but I still hear from so many folks that they are reading this blog. Just click on the word "comments" when you want to add something. Also, remember to check out updates to my music, books and movies posted in the column to the right.

No comments:

free counters