Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mind Control

I used to think that mind control meant using my mind to control things, things like emotions and experience. Now I realize that mind control is really about controlling my mind.
--
I recently have had a couple of mornings without guilt, moments in which I regarded who I am, what I had done the night before and even what I might do that day as neither good nor bad, just me being me. In those moments, I felt happily compelled to keep doing things better and better.

Guilt, as a negative motivation, pales in comparison to love as one's source for desiring, doing and being.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Getting over that overwhelming sense of guilt - maybe from the indoctrination of fallen man and original sin - was one of the most powerful things I've ever done in my life, and certainly one of the most powerful things I've done in hypnosis. It's amazing that I was carrying that around for thirty two years until I dealt with it last year. And even though it sounds a little funny to say that my "personal truth" is now that "I am glorious," it really is an amazing thing when we think of the inherent glory of creation, and especially humanity.

free counters