Monday, September 17, 2007

Updated At Last!

I said I was back and then promptly had no time to update my blog. I have lots to say about perceptual reality and the like as learned at my class, but it just seems to complex to detail here when I'm mostly typing on the fly right now. Will get back to it eventually.

In the meantime, I want to post some quotations from an excellent book "Tea Life, Tea Mind" by Soshitsu Sen XV. The quotes are really great, I think, and seem to pertain to where I am headed in life right now. I'll not worry too much about punctuating to reflect my edits, but will just type what I've underlined in the book to make it easier to read.

Click on daily to check for updates, as I will be posting my way through the book!

===========
The Way is your daily life.

The spirit of the Way of Tea is harmony, respect, purity, and tranquility.

Harmony is the result of the interaction of the host and guest, the food served, and the utensils used with the flowing rhythms of nature.

Respect is the sincerity of heart that liberates us for an open relationship with the immediate environment, our fellow human beings, and nature, while recognizing the innate dignity of each.

Purity though the simple act of cleaning...clearing the 'dust of the world,' or the worldly attachments, from one's heart and mind.

Tranquility comes with the constant practice of the first three principles.

That we can find a lasting tranquility within our own selves in the company of others is the paradox.

No comments:

free counters