Monday, June 09, 2008

Weekend


Played in the Valles Caldera on Friday, followed by an unsuccessful hunt for obsidian. Picture to left is of the caldera, where Asa and I took a 3-hour guided tour to learn this history and see this huge preserve.

Afterwards, attended the opening show of the Nat'l Flamenco Week.


Then hung out until 2 AM at the Albuquerque Press Club. This is a cool members club that feels a bit like a college fraternity (since it's both women and men, is is a mat/frat/erntity??). I might join and make it one of my hangouts.


Saturday I helped a friend landscape some of his yard, though I got distracted at a mineral shop for awhile. Then went to housesit and watch "Brokeback Mountain" as a way to visualize the massive sheep herding that was once a part of the Valles Caldera I'd visited on Friday.

Sunday was a church morning (going with a friend and her three kids), house cleaning and visiting with my landlords sort of day.

No comments:

free counters