Thursday, September 25, 2008

Zazen

If you glance to the right-hand column under books that I've recently read, you'll notice "Being Zen". An excellent book, this reading over the weekend introduced a form of zazen meditation into my meditative practice.

Meditation for me has exploded over the past month and a half, making all that I've done before seem like child's play. It is actually impacting my daily life; imagine that! I like to think that it has been the years of practice up 'til now that helped to set the stage. But whatever the source, I'm excited and engaged in daily extended practice (for me that means a couple of half hours to 45 mintues sits) and frequent self-reflection throughout the day. It feels good to sense that there is no arrival destination, just the here and now.

No comments:

free counters