Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Say What?

I bought a tea service tray yesterday. The English translation of "Company Profile" on the side of the box is hilarious and obviously computer-generated.

Among other facts, the profile states that "We own powerful technicians and designers to pursuit of higher objective of good taste." Nothing like being owned by your bosses!

The company also "would like to cooperate with the individuals and companies all over the would [typo is theirs] on the basis of honesty, verily, good for a promising tomorrow."

I think it's okay for them to own employees since it is for the objective of good taste and is on the basis of verily.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read your new postings, I always see your picture at the right. And I think, "Doesn't his neck hurt yet?"

Dennis R. Plummer said...

I'm not sure how to change the photo.

jonathan said...

Maybe I'll start using "Verily" more often. If it works for the tea service people and J.R.R. Tolkien maybe it will work for me.

free counters