Monday, February 20, 2006

How I Spent My Weekend


I enjoyed my first evening working at the shelter this past Saturday. Much of the time was spent doing van runs to various locations picking the guys up as our bus driver was late in arriving. Did get to play a game a chess with one guy and had a nice conversation with another. Other odd jobs that evening included scrubbing pans, serving some snacks and handing out bed rolls. I think that I will really enjoy being a part of the Albuquerque Opportunity Center.

The rest of the weekend was spent at an art reception in Santa Fe with Jimmy, time at the zoo with Juan and Sophia, hiking the volcanoes and a dinner at NYPD Pizza with Odette. During the latter, we tried to pretend it was summer by sitting outside. And it was really warm with the sun out. But as soon as the sun went down, a very strong wind whipped up and, besides being cold, we had no idea what the dust storm was dumping onto our pizza. We went inside.

I finished the weekend by watching "The Saddest Music in the World," a very quirky film. Now I'm off into a busy work week and back to juggling bills, garnering clients and general capitalistic foci.

No comments:

free counters