Friday, February 03, 2006

You Kill Me, Eddie

I went looking for part-time work last night. It was supposed to be a meeting for persons interested in hosting open houses from 1-4 on Sunday afternoons. "That fits my schedule and would be fun," I thought. However, a quick assessment of the materials they were going to hand out signaled that this was a scheme to recruit "home-business" loan sharks. I left.

Because I've caught a cold, I decided that I had to stop at grocery store on the way home. ('Feed a Cold, Starve a Flu' sort of thing.) I didn't get much in the way of dinner, but I did gain insight as to why so many of America's poor eat so poorly (...as if that statement needed any insight):

My options for dinner at the store were:
  • MSG Supreme potpie= .84 cents, or

  • Healthy Organic potpie=$6.99.
Yikes! Who can afford health these days?

I'm still housesitting for my landlords, so I got to watch some television while eating the popcorn that I opted to buy. I put in Eddie Izzard's "Dress to Kill" show. That man is hilarious!! You've got to see that DVD. It's like a History 101 lesson only with lipstick and a smile. Mr. Izzard is pictured below, one from the show and a second one of him just goofing around.

No comments:

free counters