Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Mardi Gras

Charles from Virginia was here for the week and returned home yesterday. We had a great time soaking up the New Mexican land and culture, all of which was new for Charles. Visited Jemez Springs, Tent Rocks, the volcanoes...places that I love and love to share.

Business-wise it was a strong week with 9 paying sessions. This week it is much more quiet with only 3. Sent out another advertisement letter to my growing mail list and hope that that will generate some business. Steadily building a client base. Each day that I have a session is a good day for me. I love this work!

Today is Susanna's (my landlord's) birthday. We are having a Mardi Gras party for her. It will include a Lucky Lotto Lenten draw where everyone contributes something to give up, a pennance and a discipline to take on. Then we will each draw from the three baskets and take whatever we draw. I'm burning a CD of New Orleans music right now to contribute to the festivities.

Happy Fat Tuesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birhtday, Susanna!
Thinking of you most cordially, Matthias

Anonymous said...

So what did you draw in your Lenten Lotto???

Dennis R. Plummer said...

As penance: "A vodka a day makes Lent okay." (Nice)

Something to give up: "Blasphemous cartooning."

Something to take on: "Blasphemous cartooning." (What are the odds of that happening? Guess it fits my Gemini personality!)

free counters