Monday, January 16, 2006

Burn, Baby, Burn

This morning, as I sip an espresso in my home office and work on money revenue, I am burning those previously mentioned 50 CDs onto my hard drive. My friend Odette wisely suggested that this might make the purge more palatable. She's right.

Odette also--super-graciously--purchased blank CDs for me to use to keep them in my collection and treated me to a real dinner, with leftovers going to my fridge. After having lost 5 lbs. last week from lack of food, this was an exceptionally welcomed gesture of friendship!

I saw my first paying clients yesterday. This is a relief. I did a group session for them and scheduled 3 individual follow-up sessions with them. This week also holds for me a session with a client with whom I did a trade for an eye examination and new glasses. And I will be leading a free introduction to hypnosis workshop on Friday evening. I hope that the workshop fills up and that those in attendance schedule individual sessions.

It is an upward, but not impossible, curve to get my clientele and referrals built up. I am so certain that this is the right thing for me to be doing, that I can wait out the natural building-of-my-business time. For money to pay the bills in the meantime (besides selling CDs), I've signed up to participate in a political focus group this Thursday ($75) and have applied to be one of those blue-haired, retired food samplers you see at Costco and Sam clubs. I don't know whether or not they supply the hair dye.

2 comments:

missymussy said...

If I were there, you can bet I'd be in for daily sessions. I have so many phobias and OCD manifestations, I'd make you a rich, rich man!

Awesome choices of side jobs. I would LOVE to be in a focus group! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get to give out Bagel Bites or potstickers, and not strawberry jam. I always feel sorry for those samplers.

Anonymous said...

Every thing is turning around, you will have more food then you can eat !Hopefully it will be something interesting like cheese:-) And nothing to do with meat, not good for a vegetarian :-D And thanks for that DVD you loaned me of Arundhati Roy, Ben is gonna buy it; as a matter of fact, I think he wants to buy about everything she did LOL

free counters