Monday, January 09, 2006

Quiet in the Office

Last week was strange. After having Matthias stay with me for Christmas and then spending the following holiday week with a housefull of 8 adults and 4 children (ages 5-11), the return to my hermit-like existence was a little unsettling. Nice, but took some getting used to again. I basically stayed home all week and quietly puttered around the room noticing the silence.

Finally, on Friday, I did get my laundry done and went into the office. My only paying customer cancelled before she came in. Her van broke down and the money she had saved for our sessions ($500) had to be used for the repairs. Another potential client backed out from a follow-up call. That didn't surprise me; this person had only called because a friend had given my brochure to her and told her she should call. Good clients need more self-motivation than that. The good sign, however, was that people are picking up the brochure from the office door and giving them to their friends.

I spent the rest of the day Friday distributing promotional flyers with my business card that target people trying to keep their New Year's Resolution. Put up ten around town and hope to get a response from them. Also, a insert goes out in a direct advertising mailing up on Nob Hill this week, the first of 6 monthlies. Hope to get a response from that, too.

Friday night, enjoyed an Epiphany party. At least 50+ folks in a house all decked out for the 12th and final day of celebrating Christmas. Us crazy Christian types!

Checked out the state fair grounds flea market on Saturday as part of scouting out potential sites to promote hypnosis. Don't think that it's a great spot to do that. Afterwards, went to see the movie mentioned in a previous post below. It made me long again for the wilderness living.

Will spend part of today mailing out invitations to a third, free introductory workshop. Then I will turn my attention again to a dwindling budget. Have to count the strands of spaghetti left in the cupboard.... !

No comments:

free counters