Saturday, January 28, 2006

Relaxing Saturday

This morning, I spent an hour and a half raking leaves in the yard. It's very pleasant, sunny-and-jacket weather, but a considerable breeze made herding the leaves into one pile a challenge.

I'm listening to R. Crumb and the Cheap Suit Serenaders croon their old timey ballads. I like the style of banjo picking that they do and Crumb has a decent voice, believe it or not. If you are like me and saw the movie "Crumb," then your memory of him, besides his fabulous drawing ability, is mostly of how truly strange his family life has been. I forgot the part about his band. That's his sketch above of them playing; Crumb is on the right.

Later today, I"ll curl up to read some of the books on my reading list. Then I'm off this evening to meet some friends of Odette and play money-less poker. I don't know exactly what that means, but I'm going to wear extra layers of clothing just in case!

No comments:

free counters