Thursday, January 12, 2006

Loss

The first loss is sad. It is the moving of these sacred stones of the Petroglyph Nat'l Monument I mentioned in yesterday's post. Although the highway is being cut down from a 6-laner to a 4-lane (at first only 2 in use), the petroglyphs have already been relocated. I guess today's Disneyfied culture prefers to see its history by purchasing a ticket and cueing up through endless lines to see something encased in glass.

The second loss is funny:
TOKYO (Reuters) - Firemen in a small Japanese town were left red-faced after a party to mark the end of a fire awareness promotional event ended in a blaze that badly damaged their station. (Click here for brief article.)

P.S. I made today's posting at Missymussy. Check out her blog.

4 comments:

Blake Stockdale said...

Hey, I'm just replying to your comment on my blog here. I don't acctually use software to rate my bands. I have compiled a list of my favorite 600 songs. I than assign points to each song. The song ranked number one recieves 600 points, the song ranked number 50 recieves 551 points, the song ranked 487 recieves 134 points, etc. I than add up all the totals and use that to figure out how each band is ranked. In terms of making the song list, I have about 1,300 songs on my computer and I make the list from that. Thanks for the post. I was especially glad to hear you like Warren Zevon, he's sort of my hero. And I have really been getting into Bob Dylan lately as well. I'm gonna put a couple of my friends Dylan CD's on my computer and he may go up considerabally on my list within the next few days.

Anonymous said...

The fire station close to my home in Montreal caught in fire after the crue left in a hurry; one of the fireman was cooking when a called came and he forgot to turn off the stove :-)

Dennis R. Plummer said...

Thanks for the details, Blake. Maybe I'll get around to ranking my own collection.

Odette, maybe we've discovered a common denominator among the nations. Ha.

Glad to see you both on the blog!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, that's really sad about the relocation...I like to see things in their space, makes it so much more real.

free counters