Monday, May 29, 2006

Labor Day/Memorial Day

Am I the only one, or do you mix up the Labor Day holiday with the Memorial Day holiday? I have to remind myself, "May begins with 'M' and 'M' is for 'Memorial.'"

I was without internet access during the past week while I house sat for some friends; sorry to be out of touch. I have been continuing my consideration of the work aspect of my life. (A Labor Day thing to do, I suppose.) I ruled out the overseas bit and am concentrating on local work. The motivational speaker thing turned out to be mainly car sales motivation...not my thing. Still selling CDs and downsizing my life.

Speaking of which, I dreamt the other night that Itzhak Perlman was at my home. Before the dream spun deliriously out of control (don't ask), I was trying to find my CD of one of his recordings so that he could sign it. Frustrated by not finding it, I was complaining about having probably sold it. Doug was there and confronted me with the question of whether I was really interested in simplifying, or whether I was just getting rid of things to get money and because I thought it was a cool thing to do. I awoke mulling over the question.

My meditations and reflections have increased. Observing my life foci (i.e. busyness, quietness, accumulation, demeanor, etc.) is fun work. Mindfulness. Awareness. Etc. I am more and more convinced that our physical and emotional experience of life are predominantly products of our own minds, and that we shape our minds by exercises formed by our spiritual faith.

2 comments:

Dennis R. Plummer said...

Kristin is at it again. Check out her new stuff by clicking this hotlink.

And Missymussy has a hilarious Memorial Day .pdf file about past album covers. You'll have to ask her to e-mail it to you (post a request comment on her blog) because I don't know how to load the file to this site. It's worth your time, trust me.

Anonymous said...

glad I could help,
Doug.

free counters